Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy (early) Anniversary

Dan and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary early yesterday - he teaches on Thursday nights so we wouldn't be able to celebrate on the 19th. He brought home beautiful pink roses and I gave him some delicious chocolate. We got dressed up and went out to a French restaurant, Le Yaca, in town that had received a great review in the paper and from a colleague of Dan's. It more than lived up to our expectations!

To kick off our meal we had house made baguette and each enjoyed the soup of the day; roasted red pepper & tomato. For dinner I chose the Terre et Mer (or Surf and Turf) beef tenderloin with an outstanding crab cake in a beurre blanc sauce (oh how I love my crab cakes!) Dan went temporarily off his vegetarian diet to enjoy a fantastic seafood trio of sea bass, scallop and jumbo prawn in a champagne saffron sauce. You don't think we stopped there do you? No, we indulged in dessert too :-). At the beginning of the night our waitress had asked if we were celebrating anything and we told her it was our anniversary we didn't think anything more of it until she came out with two mini champagne glasses to savor with our sweets! My dapper husband chose the almond cake and lemon mousse with raspberry coulis and I had a divine vanilla bean creme brulee!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary - oh no, I just realized I don't have you on my calendar! Yikes. Well I DO remember that very special day. A wonderful wedding, beautiful weather, and a FABULOUS couple.

    ReplyDelete

Analytics