Saturday, August 4, 2012

More Fun in Ann Arbor!

No trip to Ann Arbor would be complete without a visit to the Washtenaw Dairy so after dinner Saturday night at Mom and Dad's with the Dixons Becky took me the Dairy where we shared an ice cream in my old neighborhood.
Becky in front of Washtenaw Dairy
 After indulging in some ice cream we went down to Main Street where we did some bar-hopping from Black Pearl to Conors then over to Babs - it was fun to be in a town with night life again!
Becky and Mary at Black Pearl
 Of course we had to stop at Pizza Pino for a late night snack and a trip down memory lane at the old neighborhood pizza joint.

Mary at Pizza Pino
 On Sunday evening I drove out to the Cornell-King property in Tecumseh where they treated me with dinner, baby cuddles and some dog kisses! It was great to meet adorable baby Scarlett - she is such a sweet and happy baby.
Scarlett enjoying her high chair

Mary, Scarlett and Jenn
 I also got to see one of Annie's best buds, Sam, while I was at Jenn and Darrin's house. Sam is doing great and told me to send Annie her canine regards.

Sam lounging around
 On Monday night Becky came over for dinner and then we hit the town, checked out the Townie Party, strolled around campus and enjoyed a gorgeous night in Ann Arbor. On Tuesday I went in to the old office at Pure Visibility for a quick hello and to gather up Brent and Lauren for a Taco Tuesday lunch at Sabor Latino with Ross. It was great catching up with them, hearing about Brent's wedding plans and Ross's upcoming move to DC. After lunch Lauren, Ross and I enjoyed some truffles from Schakolad - oh how I miss their chocolates!
Mary as Edgar Allen Poe and Becky as Herman Hesse at the Townie Party
The original on Liberty Street
 On Tuesday night I met up with Darby, Kristie, Julie, Kim, Diana and Megan at Arbor Brewing Company for dinner and drinks. It was great to hear about Julie's wedding plans and see Kim who is expecting a baby any day now. After dinner Kristie, Megan and Diana met up with Matt at Melange for a cocktail.

Diana, Megan and Mary at Melange
On Wednesday I dusted off my tennis racket for an always competitive and fun game with Janette, Karen and Dave. Karen brought her kids - it was so fun to see how big Benjamin, Noelle and Devin are getting! Not too much longer before Devin is taller than Karen ;-). For lunch mom treated Megan and I too a Mediterranean feast at Ali Baba's. It was such a wonderful week in Ann Arbor and I can't wait to visit the mitten again soon.

2 comments:

Analytics