Sunday, October 21, 2012

Karmanos

I went home this past Wednesday to visit with my Mom, Dad and little brother. Mom was still recovering at Karmanos Hospital from her stem cell transplant in Detroit when I arrived, but I am happy to report that she is now home in Ann Arbor!

The staff at Karmanos was the, simply, the best! One of Mom's (many) favorites was Carmelita from Haiti.

Carmelita and Mom
Mom was a star patient, making the rounds around the 8th floor modeling scarves, burkas, minks, knit hats and smiles as she gained strength and got well. I was able to get a photo of her with more of her wonderful nurses and aides.

Mom and Part of the Great Team at Karmanos


2 comments:

  1. Nice to see Kathleen's smiling face (and her masked face too). thanks Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I was having fun.... because Mary was there!

    ReplyDelete

Analytics