Monday, April 7, 2014

Memories

Last weekend we lost Aunt Joan McGuinness. She was a wonderful, thoughtful, and generous woman who was always the life of the party. Joan was a fabulous cook who loved entertaining. I remember spending Fourth of July in '98 in San Diego with Neil & Joan and their family what a great time we had - she taught me many card games and was always quick with a joke. 

Mom, Uncle Alan, Aunt Wini, Aunt Joan & Uncle Neil at Shaun & Susan's wedding (2001)
Sadly, this past weekend, my cousin Colleen (McGuinness) Mira passed away from a heart attack. Colleen was much like her mother, Joan, in that I can't recall ever seeing her without a smile on her face. Just like Joan, Colleen was a wonderful mother and much loved by her kids. I remember being out in Westminster for a visit and Colleen was hosting a party at their house. At the party, surrounded by friends and family, she was just like Joan (and Neil!) . . . truly the life of the party.

They will both be missed. Thinking of the McGuinnesses with love during this most difficult time.

Please feel to share a memory of your own in the comments section.

3 comments:

  1. I learned so much from Joan about caring and hospitality, unconditional love acceptance and openness, and grand scale entertaining. I never knew Kevin's mother but Joan acted as a mother-in-law to me: I loved her very much.
    Colleen was a young beauty 42 years ago at our wedding, so spirited and happy. Years after her own wedding she spoke of being surprised that we (Neil's sibs) came so far to be with them and that it meant so much to her. What joy we have in celebrating life and love. She has left too soon, leaving grief, memories and forever a place in our hearts.
    Thanks so much for posting, Mary that is a terrific picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't add any memories, but only my deepest sympathies to the whole McGuinness clan. What a wonderful, big-hearted family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to you, cousin-thinking of you all

    ReplyDelete

Analytics