Monday, October 19, 2015

Labor Day in Ann Arbor

I had a wonderful trip to Michigan over Labor Day before starting up my new job here in Claremont. I stayed for a week and a half and had lots of fun with my parents and friends while Annie and Dan enjoyed the California sunshine. Matt, Diana, and I drove out to Detroit to have a delicious dinner at Alex and Liz's house inspired by their CSA - just look at those tomatoes!
Matt and Diana with Caprese Salad
After dinner we enjoyed yummy treats and played several rounds of Jenga and Settlers of Katan.
Mary, Liz, and Diana after a fun night of dinner and games
I also was lucky enough to meet up with the fabulous Jenn at one of Ann Arbor's hip new bars . . .
Jenn and Mary out on the town
One of the highlights of my visit was, of course, going to the Michigan-Oregon State football game with Becky. We went to a fun tailgate party before hand then enjoyed the game on a breezy fall day.
Tailgating at PiHi for the first home game of the season
The Michigan Marching Band
The biggest highlight, though, was visiting Mom and Dad. We ate lots of delicious meals together and went on trips to the farmer's market and out to breakfast, lunch, happy hour, and a lovely dinner with our neighbor Doris.
Mom and Dad are all smiles after a big ND victory
Becky and her friends took me on an exciting adventure of kayaking the Huron River and I was able to experience the Argo Cascades. I was very relieved that I didn't tip - I did see two boats that did though!
Kayaking the Argo Cascades in the Huron River
James and his girlfriend were passing through town after visiting her family in the metro Detroit area so I had a good time going out with them for drinks and then out to breakfast the next day with my parents and them.
James and I - a cousin reunion in Ann Arbor
What a fantastic trip!

2 comments:

  1. You managed to fit in a ton of fun activities in a short amount of time. A well deserved vacation before starting your new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see all those beautiful smiling faces!

    ReplyDelete

Analytics