Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Adventures in LA County

Last month for surprise date day, Dan and I took the metro train to LA's Union Station then walked to a terrific vegan Thai restaurant then walked to MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) where we saw a fabulous exhibit by Kerry James Marshall.

Along the walk we passed by the stunning Disney Hall as well as the new Broad Modern Art museum.
Disney Hall
After the museum we went to the Grand Central Market where we picked up some fresh made pasta for dinner that evening as well as a couple fancy petit fours from Valerie Confections a locally owned bakery specializing in all sorts of treats.

Earlier in the month I spent three days in Marina del Rey for a conference on Special Events in Advancement. One night, a woman from Toronto, and two women from Nashville and I drove to Hollywood to do the Hollywood walk of fame.

Look who I found there:
My Aunt Nancy is famous!
We also enjoyed visiting the Chinese Theater and Roosevelt Hotel (where we saw the ballroom that hosted the first Oscars!).
Chinese Theater

Roosevelt Hotel
In addition, we saw where the Oscars currently take place:
Where the Oscars Happen
Marina del Rey, where my conference was happening was beautiful:
Marina del Rey view from our hotel roof
After a terrific conference learning about events and making new contacts I drove out to Santa Monica where I met up with Katie, Leah Jude, and John for dinner:
Katie, Leah, and John

1 comment:

Analytics